The HARBOUR of ORAN
Longitude 0° 39’ West
Latitude 35° 43’ North
- 1st Port close to the Gibraltar channel.
- Close to the sea routes and the mediterraneans ports.
- Un accès maritime à grandes profondeurs.
- 2nd trading Port and first port à passagers.
- The port is desserved by network of roads and railways from the hinterland.
- 33 quay stations for220 m long boats
with 40,000 T of freight by -12 m.
Physical Characteristics of the port
- Total Surface: 72 ha including 70 ha on platforms and 2 ha sheltered
- Docks: 7, total surface 122 ha
- Total Linear length of the quay: 4,200 m
- 1 Pass at the East :broad 160 m - Depth 20 m
Works of protection
- Artificial pier:total lenght 3.300 km :
- Northern pier: length 2800 m
- East pier: length 500 m.
- 1 harbour station. Capacity 120.000 passengers/year
- 1 grain silo: capacity 30,000 T
- Dry dosck: 3 BER of 800 and 400 T.
©SOGEPORTS - Webmaster: ilycom - Last update:12th November 2007